How did I find out that I was pregnant - 2 Sept 09


Since 30 Aug, Sunday morning, I felt nausea. I thought I might be having food poisoning but the thing was, I did not vomit and there was no diarrhea. I just ignored the discomfort and went to have frog porridge (but skipping the frog meat...hee...) and dim sum at Chinatown with my brother, my sister, Zhixian and Rendy. Throughout the day, I did not really feel as usual, kind of sick and I ended up not attending DC (meditation session) at jagriti.
The next day, I still feel nausea and very lazy. The thought of home cook food made me felt like throwing out and I did not feel like going to the kitchen. In the evening, although still no improvement I still drag myself to yoga class and before that discussed thesis with Dada. Throughout the class, I felt cold and uneasy andI couldn't wait to go home. Finally, when class ended Dada asked: "Evan, you still alive?" Ha ha ha, surely he noticed that I felt unwell. On the way home, Rendy packed Punggol nasi lemak for our late dinner. Normally I find the smell was nice and tempting but it was different for that night when I opened up my pack of nasi lemak, I felt like puking! In fact, same day in the noon I mentioned to my mom about my discomfort and she said that I might be pregnant. But I was not thinking the same, I told her I might be having food poisoning. And she reasoned to me that if it were food poisoning, I would have vomitted and had diarrhea. Yet, I did not care much and thinking that I would be better by tomorrow.
Here came tomorrow (Tuesday 1 Sept 09), I still felt the same and slept almost for the whole day. Did not know what to eat as my appetite was bad and at night I told Rendy that I felt like eating raw salmon with wasabi. So we headed to bus stop for bus 31 that would bring us to Parkway Parade. While I was waiting for the bus, I changed my mind and I proceeded to see doctor because I wanted to cure my nausea faster so that I could concentrate on my revision on Mahabharata and Patanjali Sutras for the exam coming Saturday.
I told doctor about my condition that I had been suffering for few days, he then asked when was my last period. In view of my one month due period, he got me to do pregnancy test. I was not expecting a positive sign as I thought it was not quite possible. So, doctor did the test for me and while I was heading to have a sit. Immediately, before I managed to rest my buttock to a seat Dr Lee (a friendly nice caring doctor from Spring Clinic) told me: " you are pregnant."
"Huh" I whispered inside, I couldn't believe it and Rendy also looked a little blank but could feel he was happy with the result.
At night, I couldn't sleep well as a result of mix feeling. Feeling of excitement and worry. Excited for there is a new life in my tummy and in the mean time worried about miscarriage as I have phobia on the past experience, would it happen again? would the baby finally come out and meet us?

~Evangeline Daisy~
25 Feb 2010
0 Responses